Question about administrative and civil law in workplace

Status
Not open for further replies.

computergeek21

I hope this is the right place to post this.

I am now working at a facility that requires a government security clearance so I am filling out a Questionnaire for National Security Positions. One of the questions it asks is about Public Record Civil Court Actions.

The question reads: "In the last 7 years, have you been a party to any public record civil court actions not listed elsewhere on this form?"

Well, in my former profession in health care, about 2-3 years ago, I was officially disciplined by the state's medical board for professional misconduct. Being that such an action is from an administrative board, and is not from a civil or criminal court, that does not qualify as a public record civil court action...or does it?

Obviously, I don't want to put that incident down if I don't have to. Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Last edited:
This is not legal Advice!

Your quote: "In the last 7 years, have you been a party to any public record civil court actions not listed elsewhere on this form?"
Is this a listed subject? Well, in my former profession in health care, about 2-3 years ago, I was officially disciplined by the state's medical board for professional misconduct. Being that such an action is from an administrative board, and is not from a civil or criminal court, that does not qualify as a public record civil court action...or does it?
That you would have to find out for yourself?

If it is not listed on the form then they do not require the information, keep it short and answer the questions.

Example: Insurance company asks if you have been involved in an accident in the last three years, you answer no but you do not answer; No i have had no accidents but have 10 speeding tickets because that was not the question.

Keeping things simple is sometimes the best way

Good luck

Mark.

I hope this is the right place to post this.

I am now working at a facility that requires a government security clearance so I am filling out a Questionnaire for National Security Positions. One of the questions it asks is about Public Record Civil Court Actions.

The question reads: "In the last 7 years, have you been a party to any public record civil court actions not listed elsewhere on this form?"

Well, in my former profession in health care, about 2-3 years ago, I was officially disciplined by the state's medical board for professional misconduct. Being that such an action is from an administrative board, and is not from a civil or criminal court, that does not qualify as a public record civil court action...or does it?

Obviously, I don't want to put that incident down if I don't have to. Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

You have to report this.

It is public and it is civil (as opposed to criminal).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back