Other Criminal Charges & Offenses Question about a law not being enforced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jetliner2

I'll skip the long background story details - the short version is, I have a video project coming up, and something about this made me think of Area 51. Just a Freudian connection. No, I'm not planning on filming UFO's or whatever they have going on out there. Anyway, here's my questions. Out of curiosity, I was looking up videos and picts that people have taken of Area 51, or should I say the boarder line of Nellis Air Force base which contains Area 51. To say the least, there are some nuts out there. But, the signs that mark the base say no photography, sketches, etc, etc. Upon researching this, it falls under the law that you are not allowed to film a military base.

But, again, there are tons of picts on line, and plenty of YouTube video of the base, the signs that say no, the guards, etc, etc. There was a documentary in 1993, and Jessie Ventura did a show about Area 51 on his Conspiracy Truth show. And I can't find anything where anyone was actually prosecuted or even arrested for doing so.

So, my questions are: Since so many have violated this law, could they still truly enforce it, or at least successfully prosecute it? I would think they could, however, could one argue that since they have let others pass, then legally it's not fair to single this one person out.

The signs say it's not legal to take picts within the boundaries of the base. The written law just says pictures of the base. So, would it be illegal to take a picture or video with the base in the background?

Last question - what would be a statute of limitations on something like this? Would it be from the day the film or pict was taken, or from the very last time the person posted it?

A law can be enforced at any time the government chose to enforce it, even if they chose not to do so beforehand. I would not count on a traditional statute of limitations applying to this crime. It is well known that area 51 is a testing ground for technology. What you are considering could be considered a breach of Homeland Security and fall into an area of prosecution exempt from traditional law, due to national security.

Filming or photographing on military installations is possible, if you obtain the permission of the base commander.

The films and photographs you cite were probably done under approved circumstances.

If you wish to film on an Air Force Base, I suggest you contact the base commander for approval.

If you are caught filming without such approvals, you'll regret it.

The approval is often obtained easily if you have a legitimate purpose.

However, we now live in times of extreme paranoia.

Contact the base commander and see what happens before you engage in a very risky proposition.

Trust me, they'll see and hear you, long before you observe them!!!!!

Last edited:
They do have sensors all over the approach areas, as the army judge said. You will not sneak up on them. They fly in the employees. Anything that moves outside the perimeter, is a potential threat.

And, to buttress the admonition of disagreeable, many people are languishing in solitary on the island of Cuba these days.

Most will never have a trial, and their relatives don't know they're there.

Only a fool would screw around with these fascists these days.

They don't care diddly squat about laws, courts, due process, or freedom.

In fact, some poor souls never lived to be whisked away to Guantanamo.

My advice, don't dance with the devil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back