Queation

Tinaruss37

Jurisdiction
Georgia
If u help someone with paying their bills and they use ur bank informatiom to pay those bills can that person file charges on u if the bank returns the bills she paid....i honestly didnt think the bank would have returned them but i had a hold on my account because i transferred a large amount of money to the bank from my disability claim and the bank needed an award letter showing where the money came from and now she is threatening to file a police report can someone please answer this question

Try again, in English. What did you do? How did you do it? What happened next? What are you trying to accomplish now?

Your post is more than a little confusing because it starts as a hypothetical inquiry and then shifts into a first-person story.

u help someone with paying their bills and they use ur bank informatiom to pay those bills

Please explain exactly what "they [sic] use [your] bank information" means.

can that person file charges on u if the bank returns the bills she paid.

I don't know what it might mean for a bank to "return[] [a] bill[]," but only a district attorney/prosecutor can file criminal charges.

she is threatening to file a police report

Well...she is certainly free to contact the police and ask that the police make a report. Whether the police will acquiesce in such a request or otherwise act on what she reports is, of course, impossible to predict.

I assume what you really want to know is whether you committed some sort of crime, but your explanation of what happened is incredibly unclear, so it's impossible for anyone here to opine about it.

So what I'm gathering is this: OP allowed someone to use their banking information to pay some bills, presumably online using bank account information or by use of a debit card.

The bank had put a hold on the account for some reason (that part wasn't totally clear to me). OP apparently knew the hold was on her account but thought that the bank would ignore their own hold and allow the funds for the friend's bills to be taken from the account.

When the electronic debits to the account were rejected, the funds were charged back to the creditors that the friend paid, and now those creditors are telling her (OP's friend) that she must pay them. So the friend is threatening legal action against the OP. I assume the friend maybe thinks it could be considered a crime because it could be compared to writing a bad check?

Back