Qdro Need Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

gggharleygirl

I have been divorced since 2006 and have a QDRO. My Ex recently filed for an early retirement in May 2009. I received a notification and check from his retirement at the end of June and was told I would receive a check each month at the end of the month. They stated that this payment was for the month of May. I had filled out all the direct deposit paperwork they gave me etc. When the end of July came I kept checking my bank account for his retirement check but instead I received a letter stating they closed the retirement account at this time. My Ex had changed his mind and decided not to retire at this time and they wanted me to pay back the money that they gave me a month ago. I wrote them back stating that under Florida State Retirement that your retirement is considered final when a "payment" has been cashed or deposited and you cannot make any changes or stop your retirement. They stated that he is the member and he sent his check back so they are honoring his wishes. They also said I didn't have to pay the money back and that they would take it out of my side when he files for retirement again. Is there anything I can do? Do I have a case to make him continue his retirement benefits that he already filed for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back