Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication Purchasing alcohol with someone else's ID

Status
Not open for further replies.

marragtop

Need advice- Purchasing alcohol with someone else's ID

My 19 year old daughter was caught trying to use someone else's ID to purchase beer. At the time, she was given a civil citation for it but was told that she would need to appear in court. Since then, the Asst States Atty has decided to charge her with the civil offense of Purchasing alcohol with another persons ID', and a criminal charge of 'Misrepresentation of age to purchase alcohol'.

Both trials are scheduled for the same day in the same court room but at different times (8:30 am and 1 pm). Both trials have the same officer and States Attorney. Are there any advantages or disadvantages to ask that the 2 charges/trials be combined? She is certainly guilty of the offense(s), but I'm not clear on how it evolved into 2 offenses with different trials. I'm assuming this is at the discretion of the States Attorney.

I'd appreciate any and all thoughts on this. My daughter is a full time college student with good grades and has never been in any trouble before. My main goal is that she not end up with a criminal record. I'm thinking about engaging an attorney, but am not sure what to do.

Thanks in advance for all replies,
Mike

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back