Purchase of foreclosed land

Status
Not open for further replies.

crissymc

I recently (3mths ago) purchased foreclsed land. The previous owner of the land still has personal items on the property. I was under the impression that the lein holder had taken the necessry steps to make them remove their items. I have given them a total of 60 days to remove items, but the items ar still there. I have been told that as long as the previous tenants have personal items on the property they are allowed on the premises. I just can't see this being true after they have been given all this time. They were foreclosed on in Oct of 2006. What are my rights now? I was told that at any point I went on "MY" land to cut te grass and they were there that I could be arrested because they have personal property on the land.

ALABAMA WALKER COUNTY

Who told you all this?

Anyway, the answer is to evict the previous owners to give you possession.

That is common in foreclosure cases.

This was told to me by local law enforcement. The previous tenants called the law on me while I was on the land cleaning it(mowing grass). Im really disgusted because I thought the finance company that foreclosed on the land tok care of this. They were given their last 30 day eviction notice by the finance company in DEC!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back