Property Invasion, Damages, Trespass PTSD, FM, & Harassment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

belasco

Our nextdoor neighbor has been very rude to us over the years, but nothing I'd consider surpassing her being a jerk for the most part. There were a couple of previous instances where she yelled at my kids while they were playing in our back yard and threatened them, and we'd thought about getting legal help then, but she stopped and we let it go.

Today she came to my frontdoor and when my 13yr old son answered it she started yelling at him about our dog's fur in her front yard. I have a lot of difficulty moving around thanks to a bad back and fibromyalgia so by the time I made it the 20 feet or so to the front door she had already stormed off leaving my son shaken. He was pale and physically shaking.

I called my husband and decided to go outside and try and talk to her, try and calm things down. She stopped mowing her yard and came over and literally screamed at me. She was so irate bits of spittle flew off of her lips and she was close enough they hit my face. Standing in her front yard she called me a slue of names the "b-word" being the nicest of them, and repeatedly threatened to call the police. She went on, very loudly, about how the other neighbors back her and how everyone hates us. She said/shouted that she'd tried to be nice, which I assume is the length of time when she'd stopped yelling at our kids.

I have multiple trauma PTSD and (as mentioned before) Fibromyalgia, having her invade our personal space is terrifying for me. It's not a rational response, it's driven by having been attacked in our last home by an ex-landlord. I'm not a danger to anyone, just so that's clear, I don't have combat fatigue.

I need my home, my property to be a safe space for my children and for myself. Is there any recourse I can take to ensure she doesn't continue to yell at my children or feel she's welcome to come bang on our front door?

Any advice or help would be deeply appreciated.

Bad neighbors suck.

However, I don't see any recourse for you - she hasn't done anything that would come close to justifying a restraining order (and that's really all you could do - and even that wouldn't stop her from yelling at the kids).

What you can do is choose not to answer the door, and don't engage. Be polite when necessary, and if she yells simply walk away.

You can also get yourself and your son into some type of family therapy which may help you deal with antagonistic and stressful situations - that can, truly, help. Coping skills are incredibly important for kids to learn :)

also a nanny cam at your door you can get them fairly cheap(100.00 and up) @ the hardware store.so you atleast have some evidence if she gets ignorent..ME !! i'd deck her at the front door.. but i live in texas...we dont put up with that crap

also a nanny cam at your door you can get them fairly cheap(100.00 and up) @ the hardware store.so you atleast have some evidence if she gets ignorent..ME !! i'd deck her at the front door.. but i live in texas...we dont put up with that crap

...and you'd be facing criminal assault charges.

I'd have you in court AND paying civil damages faster than your little brain could register the restraining order.

...and you'd be facing criminal assault charges.

I'd have you in court AND paying civil damages faster than your little brain could register the restraining order.

Property rights are inviolate in Texas.

Depending on how the beat down occurs and the tale is told, terlee may just be correct with his analysis.

It also depends on the population in the county and who you know.

Ain't that always the way?

Property rights are inviolate in Texas.

Depending on how the beat down occurs and the tale is told, terlee may just be correct with his analysis.

It also depends on the population in the county and who you know.

Ain't that always the way?

Yeap, I realize that, AJ.

But take this little tiny woman who has nothing but a big mouth...

..and then let this guy "deck" her on the front porch.

I'd make that case. No. Questions. Asked.

;) :D

so what ...she wouldnt do it a again and in texas the justice system is all about the rights of the property owners..thats why there wouldbe thugs,criminals think twice about breaking in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back