1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

proving negligence Premises Liability

Discussion in 'Accidents, Injuries, Negligence' started by outOfLuck, Mar 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. outOfLuck

outOfLuck Law Topic Starter New Member

During a storm, an old tree fell on several cars in my apartment complex parking lot, including mine. My car was completely destroyed. I know that my auto insurance is responsible for the damage unless I can prove negligence. I believe that this tree was dying. My landlord admitted that the tree was probably damaged several years ago in another storm.

My question is :

1) Is that admission enough to prove prior knowledge and that something should have been done about the tree before? How do I prove negligence?

2) Can I still sue my landlard if my insurance company has paid out?

3) Can I sue for the cost of another car? What my insurance will pay out will not buy a car that is reliable. Can I only get the value of the car I lost?

Last edited: Mar 29, 2004
  2. billie

billie New Member

advice

my son has falling off the treadmill at the holiday inn,he got 3 stiches in his lip and one of his tooth were nock ou.Are they liable

3. outOfLuck

outOfLuck Law Topic Starter New Member

I think you should start a new thread if you want responses to your case.