Assault & Battery Protective Order

Status
Not open for further replies.

shockandawe

My live-in girlfriend had a protection order placed against me and I don't know what to do. I am ordered to stay away from her,our house and no contact until the court date January 29,2010. I have never committed any acts of violence or abuse towards her or any woman in my life. She has been the violent one in our relationship by hitting me with her hand and objects.
She has gotten upset,called the police (1) time in our nearly 3yr relationship on me when she hit me. She lied about the events and obviously the police officers didn't believe her story and I wasn't arrested for abuse. She has called the local abused women shelter stating God only knows what, but I was informed the protection order came through the shelter.
What can I do to prove I haven't did anything in any form of abuse to her when I can't afford an attorney?

What you do is follow the order until such time as you have your day in court to refute the allegations. I would strongly recommend you get an attorney even if you have to borrow the money.

in response to shock and awe

Keep in mind that SHE will have to prove why she needs protection,there are many web sites for men in your case how to defend yourself against those accusations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back