Protecting my idea that will save a company money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halgar

I have an idea to change a company's policy. If they change this policy, it will save them a lot of money. I don't work for this company. The company is in The United States and operates in multiple states. It is privately owned. What sort of agreement should I get them to sign to make sure they compensate me when I tell them about the idea?

Thanks

You are welcome to approach them with a pitch for your idea and a price tag associated with sharing that idea. You should have a lawyer draft up a contract if that is the case. They either take you up on the offer or don't. Companies get offers all the time from consultants offering their services and advice.

I understand that I need an attorney to write an agreement for me.

I'd like to be familiar with the topic so I know that who I have do it for me knows what they are talking about.

Could you please give me a little background on what sort of agreement this is as in a general term, what it should include to protect me and so on.

I'd really appreciate it. Thanks

I understand that I need an attorney to write an agreement for me.

I'd like to be familiar with the topic so I know that who I have do it for me knows what they are talking about.

Could you please give me a little background on what sort of agreement this is as in a general term, what it should include to protect me and so on.

I'd really appreciate it. Thanks

You can visit a couple local attorneys for 1020 minutes at no cost for the initial visit.
That's how you gather the information you require to protect your great idea.
We don't give legal advice, or provide step by step instructions.

I've seen your post on a couple of boards and I have to admit, I'm having trouble coming up with a change of policy idea that would be copyright-able or patent-able. And if it's neither, I'm wondering on what basis you think you have to "protect" your idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back