Property

D

Dcannon38

Jurisdiction
Illinois
My husband and i separated. We have a car that both of our name is on but his is on it first. We have 3 children with two school age children are still home. I pay the note on the car ever month out my account and has been since we had the car because he never was able to keep a job yhe only reason his name got on the car is because i wasn't able to get it on my on because of my credit he took the car and know in stuck paying the notes can i take him to court to get the car back

My husband and i separated. We have a car that both of our name is on but his is on it first. We have 3 children with two school age children are still home. I pay the note on the car ever month out my account and has been since we had the car because he never was able to keep a job yhe only reason his name got on the car is because i wasn't able to get it on my on because of my credit he took the car and know in stuck paying the notes can i take him to court to get the car back

Yes, you can have the issue of the car addressed during your divorce.

In the meantime, you have as much right to the car as the deadbeat dad does.

You can sneakily go get the car, have the locks changed, hide it, and drive the car until he comes to take it back from you.

The issue of who ends up owning the car will be decided during your divorce.

Back