Property wrongly foreclosed

F

firearrow

Jurisdiction
Arkansas
I purchased a property back in 2015 and received a recorded deed from the county assessors office. This transaction was a cash sale and i used my own money to pay for the property.To cut long story short, I call the county to pay for the property tax and was told the property was foreclosed so i should call the company that foreclosed my property. So I called the company only to be told it was foreclosed because of tax lien. I told them i never received any foreclosure notice from them and they said it is true they never sent me any notice. They sent the notice to the previous owner. The property tax was current when i bought it. I just want to know if there is anyway i can get my property back. Your input will be very much appreciated. Thanks

What "evidence" do you have of this foreclosure?

Have you checked the county recorder and court house for any records pertaining to the tax lien and foreclosure?

I suggest you do that and it would also be a good idea for you consult an attorney about this.

What "evidence" do you have of this foreclosure?

Have you checked the county recorder and court house for any records pertaining to the tax lien and foreclosure?

I suggest you do that and it would also be a good idea for you consult an attorney about this.
Thanks for your response. I do not have any evidence... i asked the foreclosure company to mail me the documents but they refused. The Fulton county assessor's office also will not help.They keep referring me back to the foreclosure company.

It's not the assessor you have to go to.

You have to go to the County Clerk's office and look up (and buy copies of) any recorded documents connected with the property:

Fulton County, Arkansas

Start with the previous owner's deed from when he bought the property and work your way forward to yours and look for anything in between or after that looks like official documents regarding liens, foreclosure, taxes, etc.

The County Collector is another agency to check. Might be in the same place or nearby. The Collector collects real estate taxes and may be able to give you the records of past tax collection and delinquency notices.

I get the feeling that all of these facilities are in the same building in Salem as the court. Arkansas foreclosures may be judicial so there is also the possibility that there is a court case file on the foreclosure against the previous owner. Get copies of that, too.

Feel free to come back and discuss after you have scoured all those agencies and obtained whatever documents are available.

Oh, one more thing, did you buy an Owner's Title Policy when you bought the property? If you did, take it out and contact the claims department of the insurance company that wrote the policy.

If you didn't buy one, you're on your own and will ultimately have to hire a lawyer.

Thanks for your response. I do not have any evidence... i asked the foreclosure company to mail me the documents but they refused. The Fulton county assessor's office also will not help.They keep referring me back to the foreclosure company.

As suggested, at least TALK with a REAL lawyer licensed by your state.

Talking will yield you useful results and you can then plot your next steps.

Further internet questions about this are going to prove useless.

Back