Arrest, Search, Seizure, Warrant property seized no charges ever filed against owner

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerica3

My boyfriend was raided and arrested on drug charges. Eventually he pled guilty and is currently at a work release facility. The police searched the entire house, cars and garage and decided to seize two of the five vehicles. His (my boyfriend's) 2002 Nissan Altima and MY 2004 Kawasaki Ninja ZX12. I was never arrested or charged with any crime nor was there any drugs found on or around the motorcycle and the police were given the bill of sale and the Title proving that I owned the motorcycle before they took it - they took it anyway. The Altima was returned within a few days (despite the fact that there was a pill found in the console) but the bike was not and the police refuse to give a reason as to why they will not return it except that they believe he (the boyfriend) paid for it. It was never used during the commission of a crime and they have no proof otherwise. IS THERE ANYTHING THAT I CAN DO????

If you truly had nothing to do with the drug money, file in court for possession of your bike. You will pretty much have to prove that you paid for it with "good clean funds of non-criminal origin." If you have some documentation to that effect it won't be hard to get it back.

You may also be able to get the agency to pay the cost of tow and impound. Don't let them stick you with the bill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back