Premises Liability Property owner's Liability

CV Pec

Jurisdiction
New York
Is a property owner liable for payment of medical bills and wage compensation of a hired hand, who misrepresents their insurance status by presenting fraudulent insurance documents? and are liability waivers valid under NYS law?

Is a property owner liable for payment of medical bills and wage compensation of a hired hand, who misrepresents their insurance status by presenting fraudulent insurance documents? and are liability waivers valid under NYS law?
Depends. Define "hired hand".
What type of injury and how where they injured?

Perhaps. I would suggest that the property owner turn this over to their insurance.

Is a property owner liable for payment of medical bills and wage compensation of a hired hand, who misrepresents their insurance status by presenting fraudulent insurance documents?

What medical bills? What do you mean by "wage compensation"? What was this person hired to do? What happened that gives rise to your question?

are liability waivers valid under NYS law?

They can be, but facts and circumstances matter, and you've provided none.

Any time somebody says to you: "I'm hurt, your fault, pay me" that's the exact moment you shut your mouth and call your insurance company.

Back