Property Manager I Hired Dishonest

Status
Not open for further replies.

agrieder

I hired a property manager to look after my single family home in Arvada, CO. Part of the agreement between he and I was that a credit check be done on any prospective tenants. In about the middle of the first year the property manager and I parted ways. Toward the end of that year the tenant decided to destroy the house leave utility bills unpaid and took off leaving me hanging on the rent. Later I found out all of the neighbors were unhappy with the tenant, he had cars parked on the lawns, had my stove in the middle of the backyard etc. I have been asking the property manager if he ran a credit check; he claims he did but refuses to provide proof. I have given him numerous opportunities, over several months to provide some sort of proof that he in fact did run the check as he claims he did. Considering the situation and the fact the tenant could care less that I've dinged his credit report I would tend to think his credit was poor. The property manager does not want to admit he didn't run the check. It cost me over $7000 to fix all of the damage and pay all of the bills. I've run this past the real estate commission in Colorado and they are urging me to take it to an ethics hearing and arbitration. Do you believe I will win if I move forward with this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back