Other Immigration Law Property in Haiti

Status
Not open for further replies.

ContractFlyGal

My brother, a priest, was murdered in Haiti in 2004. I am the Executrix of his Will. We are American and no of Haitian background. One of the items he left was a building in a small town in Haiti. The value is approximately 30k. I was planning to donate this to a Christian group to use as a clinic. They went to Haiti and found that the person who was my brothers attorney in Haiti as drawn up bogus paperwork showing that he, the attorney, owns the building. he has two families living there and he is collecting rent.

The tangled web of paperwork from the Haitian lawyer was too much for this small Christian group. Any suggestions on my next step to resolve this issue?

U.S.Embassy

Please provide a more detailed report with name of the town, the name of the lawyer, and the details of the property in questiojn. We will pass the information on to the appropriate persons in the U.S. Embassy and alert our members who have missions. The experience and connections of others may help lead to some resolution of your problem. <mailing information deleted>

Please provide a more detailed report with name of the town, the name of the lawyer, and the details of the property in questiojn. We will pass the information on to the appropriate persons in the U.S. Embassy and alert our members who have missions. The experience and connections of others may help lead to some resolution of your problem. <mailing information deleted>

Yeah, right....

Haiti

I am not going to post the name of the lawyer, nor the town in Haiti. This is an open forum and anyone can register and read it. If somone would like to offer legimate assistance they can send a private message including thier contact information. If PN's are not available on this site email SolangeXGuerra@yahoo.com.

Good luck; post back with the solution of your problem.

I can't even imagine trying to deal with the government of Haiti!

But I am interested in the resolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back