Property dispute and property damage

Sherry faulkner

Jurisdiction
New Mexico
Today I walked outside and my neighbor was cutting down trees, I seen that he threw all the limbs in my driveway, I said that was ok but then the people I bought the property from told me that the trees he was cutting down was on my property, I own 3 lots, they brought me an Ariel view of the property with boundaries and I believe it's on my property,I plan on talking to him tomorrow to ask him to cease cutting anything else until I get my property surveyed , but what are my rights and how do I go about getting this fixed?? There is a small fence up between my 2 and 3rd lot apparently, so I had no idea this may be my property, and I'm not sure who put it up or how long it's been there

I bought 3 lots less than a year ago.Today my neighbor started cutting down trees, the person I bought the property from told me this was part of my property, and brought me an aerial view of the lots, and according to this it is my property. I plan on asking the neighbor to refrain from cutting anything else until I get the property surveyed.apparently there is a small wire fence seperating my 2nd and 3rd lot. I don't know how long it's been there or who put it up,my question is what will I need to do and what are my rights, will they have to pay for the damage to my property?

I bought 3 lots less than a year ago.Today my neighbor started cutting down trees, the person I bought the property from told me this was part of my property, and brought me an aerial view of the lots, and according to this it is my property. I plan on asking the neighbor to refrain from cutting anything else until I get the property surveyed.apparently there is a small wire fence seperating my 2nd and 3rd lot. I don't know how long it's been there or who put it up,my question is what will I need to do and what are my rights, will they have to pay for the damage to my property?

Last edited by a moderator:
I suggest NOT speaking to the tree killer.
The due has no problem slaughtering dead trees and dumping their lifeless, dismembered carcasses on your property.
There's no telling what a manic would do to a human being.

If I were you, I'd get a survey done before I did anything.
While awaiting the results of the survey, I'd video anything and everything related to the tree massacre, and take lots of still photos.
You might want to consider reporting the matter to the sheriff or local police, if you believe laws were broken.

I'd also speak to an attorney about my exact legal remedies.
You have two potential legal remedies, one being a restraining order against any further murders of your innocent, helpless trees.
Number two, initiate a civil lawsuit seeking restitution for the wrongful death of your trees, and other monetary awards as necessary.

I will be taking photos and video tomorrow then, the trees were live and apparently in front of where he parks his truck which is apparently on my property as well, I will speak with someone as to what my rights are thanks

Back