Unlawful Eviction Prop Mngr Drafted A Fake "Legal" Doc to Evict Me--Still Have To Move?

Status
Not open for further replies.

amiright

Banned
A few days ago I came home to find an non-enveloped, flapping in the wind, taped notice to my front door. It stated that my lease agreement expires June 1st and will not be renewed. I am to turn my keys over and move out on that same day. This comes at a rather odd time being that just the week prior, I came to the ownership to "lay my cards on the table" to let them know that my disability benefits I'm newly living on are not paying me in turn with our "late by" date and wanted to try to work out an agreement so I'm not dinged with $72 late fees every month, when I can't even afford food or gas on these benefits.

Mind you, I've been at the complex for 3 years. I have the best apartment inside and out, in the entire complex. I went above and beyond the call of duty maintaining the only tiled floor complex by sealing the tile and grout with no question of being reimbursed, the expression from my pm's face and the comment of, "that tile has never looked better! Wow! Good job" was enough for me. I've never had a single party, not a single complaint, and would always abide with the owner/management's request. I even even proposed giving the owners a lump sum check of $14,000, enough to cover my rent expenses for the upcoming year if I were to obtain my asking settlement amount in an arbitration case I just entered into. One would think an owner would be giddy with a tenant offering them a $14,000 check. I never heard a peep. Instead, the owners that I just came pleading my hardship case to, tacked on a $72 late fee, and told me my rent was due with that fee immediately. I turned around and produced the entire payment 2 days later which cleared my account no problem. A week later, I get a "F U, get out" letter pinned to my door. I've been hysterically crying for 2 days not knowing how I'm going to pay for movers or deposits on a new place in 60 days.

THEN... I discovered everything about the pinned document was fake. 1st off the entire document is photocopied. Red flag. The cover page has a really digitized United States Postal Service icon, and reads "Certified Mailing of XXXXX Process, LLC and their address. Next to that is a place for a stamp, meter postage fee, and no postmark anything. Nothing signifying this was a mailed document. It's completely blank. The next block is To: my name, and all others in possession and my address.
Now, should this actually be delivered from the United States Postal Service, this would be ENVELOPED, and would wind up in my mailbox... not sans envelope and pinned to my front door. Below that, PS FORM APRIL 2007 (??)

Turn the page to find the document that is titled Law Firm of XXXXXXXX that clearly is from 1989 as the entire document is typed-- not computer font typewriter-- straight up old school typewriter. Being that I'm in Commercial Real Estate and used to write 3 day notices all the time, the verbiage of this letter sounded as if it came from someones angry mom. They refer to the pm as MRS. (as the PM was once married... about 6-10 years ago) and they proceed to say in the final paragraph, "Your failure to vacate timely will result in immediate legal action. This legal action will take the form in an unlawful detainer action which will seek your eviction from the premises. In addition, we will be seeking a judgement for all rent owed and attorney fees. The filing of an unlawful detainer will adversely affect your credit and the ability to seek a rental in this area. Please understand this is not the first in a series of demand letters. If you do not timely vacate, an action will be filed. The decision is yours..." (and in all caps and bold) "ACT ACCORDINGLY!" Then "signed" by the Attorney at Law.

This document has clearly been used as a template for many years, and this is held to be true because it is clearly different font where the date June 1, 2014 and my rent amount are listed. This letter was signed and meant for someone else, and they cut and pasted this document together as if it was addressed to me and input my info.

I see this to be tampering with a federal document as they clearly impersonated this "legal" doc to be from the United States Postal Service, then again now unassumingly have made this attorney that signed the letter how ever many years ago legally bound to a bunch of cut and pasted notices that this pm has used over the years to toss people out without merit.

DO I STILL NEED TO MOVE?
ARE HER ACTS ILLEGAL??
AM I STILL TO ABIDE BY THIS AS A LEGAL NOTICE??

Don't create new accounts to evade a ban you've previously earned.
Stop using profanity.
Closing this thread, asked and answered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back