Proof of Email origins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erik

Can someone please tell me to what length the DA's office will go to if someone claims to being harassed by "someone' sending them emails.
A friend of mine is being accused of sending her former boyfriend emails and harassment... he has filed charges against her and now there is a hearing set.
For something as rediculous as this, how involved would the DA's office get? There is nothing with her name on it. It is purely his speculation at this point. He has falsley accused her before of such things and went as far as having a R.O placed against her. Nothing more than revenge... Now 2 years later more false accusations. This guy just won't quit! :mad:

ok I can understand harassing and threatening but what if someone just sends an email to a person letting them know that what they did, such as committing perjury, while hurting someone else, was just wrong and they want to voice their opinion about it to the jerk. That is not threatening. It's just freedom of speech. It's just letting someone know that what they did is not right and we the people do not have to stand for it. What is wrong with calling someone on their lies. This guy is going around accusing innocent people of doing things and filing fraudulent police reports on innocent people. I just wondered how serious the DA or police take someone like this who makes constant complaints with no proof of who is doing them he's just speculating on who is doing them so he is filing false charges against people.

ok I'm not asking for your opinion. I'm asking for some specific information here. If you don't know, I'll thank you to keep your opinions to yourself.

There are a number of ways to find out exactly where an e-mail came from. Specific person, no...Geographical location, yes. I would presume the DA's office, if at all familiar with this kind of case, will look into that. If your friend has been sending inappropriate messages via e-mail or Instant Message and the receiver has been documenting them, the trail back to her will be easy to follow. However, if it wasn't her sending the harrassing e-mails, there would be a need of proof beyond a reasonable doubt to convict her of any crime.

ok , beyond a reasonable doubt, that makes sense. So if anyone else is indeed sending him emails but they can not prove that they came from HER because they did not, and they are from "real people" in other words they are not emails that perhaps HE himself made up to try to point the finger at her to say "see she's harassing me"... bla bla bla. they still can not accuse HER of violating a RO (based on pure speculation) that he fabricated in the first place. See he committed perjury in the first place. THis RO is total fraud. There is documented proof that he did in fact commit perjury in order to obtain it in the first place. Now wouldn't that be of interest to the DA? or do they NOT care HOW he got it just that he has it at all? This is what is puzzling us all!

I can't tell you what the DA will do, nor can I tell you what "might" happen. All I can do is provide factual information based on my own research. The link that was provided to you earlier by JLB is where you need to be looking for the information you seek. Also, you might want to check your state government/law web site for information.

Please help...

Thanks! I've bee searching the site provided above, very informative, However i cannot find anything anywhere on cases involving fraud. What would the DA do in the case of a fraudulent RO being placed against a person. If someone crys wolf, reports a case of "harassment" and commits perjury to make it stick, wouldn't the DA be interested in knowing that this case is a fraud? There is documented proof and transcripst from the original hearing. The "plaintiff' is once again making false accusations, and insisting that the RO is being violated by the defendant... but the RO was obtained "illegally" in the first place. Wouldn't that hold some weight with the DA? How can a RO be violated when it was obtained under fasle pretenses and perjury in the first place?

I don't agree with you. The best thing to do is to make a civil case out of it for defamation. You can always go to small claims and sue for a few thousand dollars if the damages are that small. Unfortunately, prosecutors will choose what cases to take and the limited state budget leads to limited time prosecutors have in choosing cases to prosecute, sometimes forgoing "light" offenses for more serious ones like physical crimes against another, e.g. rape, battery, etc.

Originally posted by Erik:
I'll thank you to keep your opinions to yourself.

Have I done a good job? :p

Deep breath.

Sigh.

It's only a forum. . . It's only a forum . . . It's only a forum . . .It's only a forum . . . It's only a forum . . .

Usually these things don't go further than a forum. But you would be very surprised... I dealt with several cases where these people went way over the line.... stalkers, people who put up sites that other person's family members are homosexual, etc.

this is a case that is going before the DA on Monday. 3/24. The aligations this guy is accusing my friend of are rediculous. He sends out vulgar email to people and has the gull to file R/O's against those that reply... in this case someone he once dated who dumped him after she found out that he is a habitual internet cheater... guess being "found out" is cause for revenge with guys like this.... i guessing it wont' end there. he has manipulated a judge before.. or rather commissioner .. into believing his pathetic story.. Let's just hope the DA has more sense. I mean really! We're at war, and this guy is crying about getting a couple of magazine subscriptions??? Anyone in the world could have sent them to him, he probably did it to himself ... he's relentless! HE committed a crime, it was called perjury!

You must be joking... wow. This sounds absurd and you can be the ADA will have his head handed to him if there isn't any proof. I have rarely, if ever, have had things go that far with forums. Restraining orders usually deal with threats of physical violence. Mere bantying words and name calling usually does not get one very far...

Well, perhaps this is a setup for malicious prosecution!

Keep us informed about the case!

The case was to be heard before a hearings person who rescheduled due to a sick child. Now it's for April 28th. The guy claims to have his "proof" but this is something he undoubtedly forged himself.. I mean why else would one go to such great lengths to write each and every magazine company and request that a copy of the mag. sub. card be sent to him... he KNEW where he mailed it from (the same city the defendant lives in) and he claims that SHE did it. He attempted to forge her writing or paid someone to do it... Agree it's a joke. But in Santa Monica where this case was heard two years ago, rich men get away with murder... need I say more?:mad:

the "evidence" will be there, there was a police dect. making sure of that... some half brained, narrow minded, by the book, easily manipulated, government worker.... they look in one direction and can't figure out that the truth is right in front of their overly made up face! This all sounds like it's just going through the motions, I mean if this was indeed a serious matter, why would a sick child put a halt on justice? I mean really? Couldn't they get a replacement hearings officer to get this matter taken care of? A joke indeed.

Here's a follow up to the preceeding dialog... the case was heard today with the hearings officer. they dropped it of coarse and said they had no intention of taking it to court. the "plaintiff" wants to persue it further, but they will not. :p
the fact that the Plaintiff committed perjury in court 2 years ago means nothing to these people. How can that be?
How can someone get away with perjury in order to obtain a RO against a woman and get away with it? So the outcome is if this guy should get anything from anyone they will come back to her. w/o proof they are pointing the finger at her for something she is not doing, the plaintiff even sent her email from his own email address to the defendant telling her about the website he is on that he is saying she put him on. Isn't this harassment? He is insisting that she is slandering his name on this web site which is a lie and yet he has sent her 2 emails directing her to this site.
The hearings officer isn't concerned. What a joke!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back