Proof of contents of email

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anya

Hello,
I am a newbie and need help urgently. I am engaged in a law suit overseas. The plaintiff has submitted some emails to the court as evidence. He has altered all the contents in my original emails and made many false allegations. If I contest the contents of the email in what way can he prove what the contents of the email were really what I had sent originally?

Many Thanks
Anya

Yes, in my MS outlook, sent items. I want to know whether he has any way of manipulating the original message and providing it as evidence.

Thanks
Anya

It depends how he is planning to present them. Nothing is easier than to pull up a message on the screen, change some of the wording, then print it out and pretend that this was the email he received.

But since it is so easy to do this, the evidentary value of a simple printout is not really big. The same goes for your side of the bargain, of course.

If those emails really are very important to the case, one would probably have to try to get the copies the email provider or ISP hopefully is still keeping. That would more or less be the only way to prove the actual content of the original message.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back