Promotion/Salary Increase (show me the money?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EyeOfTexas

I work for a municipality in North Texas. I was offered a supervisory position within my department. I was promoted one month ago, grading out very high after a panel interview of my supervisors, which included two other applicants seeking the position. When it was announced to my subordinates that I would be their supervisor, I was given a copy of the Employee Service Report which states my new position and new rate of pay. My first pay check after the promotion did not include the rate of pay which my Service Report stated I would receive as agreed upon by myself and my superiors. I have retained a copy of my Service Report which was signed and dated by my superiors. It appears the Human Resources Manager decided he would make the decision not to follow the city guidelines outlined in our Policy and Procedure Manual. My supervisor (including the City Manager) continue to be apologetic and tell me they are working on clearing up the matter. In the meantime, I am working in a supervisory position and not being compensated for it. My question: What steps/action should I take?

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

You should avail yourself of any internal appeal process provided to municipal employees. What we can't know here is whether your municipal codes dictate you HAVE to be paid within the salary range for the position or whether the ranges are just guidelines and management may deviate from them as they feel appropriate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back