Promotion, but no raise?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rozcatania

i've been recently promoted from "cashier" to "register lead," a shared responsiblity between me and another cashier who was also promoted. The promotion comes with a different list of additional responsibilities and duties as well as supervising other cashiers and training them.
i thought promotions such as these include raises as a given, otherwise what's the incentive to do all the extra work and be held accountable? however when i asked if there would be a raise i was told there was no guarantee, it was not a given, but that they would try.
*note: i'm not talking about a position held where more responsibilities and duties are added over time with no raise given. this is clearly a promotion; a new position; which to me, makes it different.
any light shed on this would be much appreciated. :)
thanks

Your employer is under no responsibility whatsoever to give you a raise even if they increase your workload.

is "increasing workload" the same as "promotion?" to me, they're different. a promotion implies increased workload (and a raise i thought), but just increasing workload without the promotion of title, nor a pay raise happens all the time, yes, but is in a different category to me.
thoughts?

I didn't say it was fair but hear me: Your employer has no responsibility to give you a raise when they give you a promotion. You have no duty to stay. You can leave their employ. I know that isn't what you want to hear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back