Progressive Vs. Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrCojocaru

3-4 years ago, when I was 16 years old, I took my parents car out and went to church. I didn't have a drivers license, insurance, or permission. After church, my cousin wanted to drive the car, and for some stupid reason I let her.. even though neither of us had a license, and neither had permission to drive either.

She crashed into another car 5-10 minutes into driving, and everyone said they were fine, but later the other party went to the doctors office, or chiropractor or something. Anyway... now theres a 12 thousand dollar bill, and progressive is taking my parents, and my cousin to court. I'd like to know what kind of options my parents and I have, and what we should do. We'd very much like to depart the case from ourselves, and my parents should be able to do this, because they had nothing to do with the accident. I however, understand that if responsibility falls from my parents, it might fall to me.

Any advice and information are greatly appreciated.

3-4 years ago, when I was 16 years old, I took my parents car out and went to church. I didn't have a drivers license, insurance, or permission. After church, my cousin wanted to drive the car, and for some stupid reason I let her.. even though neither of us had a license, and neither had permission to drive either.

She crashed into another car 5-10 minutes into driving, and everyone said they were fine, but later the other party went to the doctors office, or chiropractor or something. Anyway... now theres a 12 thousand dollar bill, and progressive is taking my parents, and my cousin to court. I'd like to know what kind of options my parents and I have, and what we should do. We'd very much like to depart the case from ourselves, and my parents should be able to do this, because they had nothing to do with the accident. I however, understand that if responsibility falls from my parents, it might fall to me.
I don't understand - what are you trying to do? Are you trying to claim that because your parents didn't know you took that car they should be responsible and that because you were minors neither of you are responsible either? Impossible. Someone is on the hook here and your parents were the owners of the car. If it wasn't stolen then what happens to that car is their responsibility. If the car was stolen... well... you get the point. At the end of the day someone is liable and right now your parents are the ones with the deep pockets and were the registered owners of the car and will unfortunately be hit with the bill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back