Problems with my landlord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which works against you. Since there is nothing writing (mistake on both parties side) your dead. Start paying rent on time or get out. You have nothing to fight with

what about a quasi-contract, wouldn't the agreement count as such?

You can make that agrument but I dont see you prevailing. What you dont want is an eviction. You need to avoid that! Even if (big if) the late payments are binding. He can change that since there is no time frame meaning at very least the next rent payment must be on time! This is not a fight you can win. Find a way to pay rent on time or find a new place to live before an eviction makes that near impossible

You can make that agrument but I dont see you prevailing. What you dont want is an eviction. You need to avoid that! Even if (big if) the late payments are binding. He can change that since there is no time frame meaning at very least the next rent payment must be on time! This is not a fight you can win. Find a way to pay rent on time or find a new place to live before an eviction makes that near impossible

I am working on that best I can. I just want to have everything straight in my head just in case this threat is not the last problem we have with him.

If you dont pay rent it wont be

I still think you are misunderstanding me, I have no intention what so ever of not paying my rent. My concern is with whether or not he can hold the arrangement against me as far as paying late goes. "Since the arrest he has refused to do so. Yesterday I received a call that we we're $1700 behind on our rent and if we don't have it within 5 days they will begin the eviction process" I am doing my best to come up with the money, but can he hold it against me as late even if I do? The other question asked was if we have any legal standing as far as the condition of the house, no where did I say or imply that I wasn't planning on paying the rent.

I said pay on time. There is no implied contract that allows you to pay late from what I see. Far as condition of house well depending on the issues you can ask for repairs or contact Health Department. However since there is no lease if you piss him off he can give you notice to vacate at any time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back