problems with ex wife after divorce/contempt

Status
Not open for further replies.

dank643

My ex wife filed contempt of court on me because our house, that was awarded to me in the divorce settlement, which she gave up all rights and interest to, took much longer to get sold than anticipated, and she accused me of lying and dragging my feet, it closed 2 days after I was served. I received a check for the proceeds in both names which she needed to sign, she made me go to her lawyers office and her lawyer would not release until I gave my ex wife a check for 300 dollars to cover her costs to file contempt. Was it legal for either of them to hold my check unless I paid them? Also, because I had to take 3 1/2 hours off of work and drive 60 miles for this, is there any means for me to sue for this money? In our settlement, she was also awarded one of the cars we owned, financed in both names. The vehicle I kept is only in my name, but my name is still on hers. She was granted ownership of that car but it did not specifically say she had to refinance in her name only or remove my name from the title...can I legally demand her to refinance and remove my name from title since she has sole ownership now? I also could not register my vehicle on time because of unpaid parking tickets on her car, cost me an addl 10 dollars when able. I wrongly made the assumption she would have to refinance the car she kept into her name only I guess but do I have any recourse?

thank you

Daniel Krohn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back