problems with dealership

B

bdandy82

Jurisdiction
California
I purchased a used car from a Hertz Dealership back in April 27th, 2016. I haven't had the car very long and have already replaced the brakes, and now I noticed something wrong with the transmission. Also i have had to replaced my key fob battery twice. Also my registration is Feb 2016, and I never received the new stickers. I have called about the stickers and they say it's my responsibility. Even tho they sold me the car in April and the tags expired 2 months before?

They sold you a car with plates on it? Is California THAT weird?

Didn't you register the car in your name after buying it?

You don't really ask any question in your post. Brakes are just a normal maintenance item. Key fob battery? You can hardly blame that on a mechanical defect on the car.

Did Hertz give you a warranty for the car? If it was sold "as is" then any mechanical issues are your problem.

I purchased a used car from a Hertz Dealership back in April 27th, 2016. I haven't had the car very long and have already replaced the brakes, and now I noticed something wrong with the transmission. Also i have had to replaced my key fob battery twice. Also my registration is Feb 2016, and I never received the new stickers. I have called about the stickers and they say it's my responsibility. Even tho they sold me the car in April and the tags expired 2 months before?

Before you do anything more about this issue, collect up all the documents you received related to your purchase of the vehicle.

Read EVERYTHING, make notes if you have questions.

You can file a complaint with Hertz online:

Contact us

Better yet, call their customer service at corporate:

Contact Us
Telephone: 1-888-674-3309
Hours:
Mon-Fri:9:00AM - 8:00PM ET
Saturday:9:00AM - 5:00PM ET
Sunday:1:00PM - 4:00PM ET

Then make sure you follow up with a written email.
Email: Rent2Buy@hertz.com

If you want to go right to the top, here you'll find MOST of their BIG DOGS:

Executive Officers

I suggest you make sure your car has up to date, properly documented registration.
Yes, it is your responsibility, unless you have it in writing that the dealership charged you for registration, license, title, and all transfer fees.

Back