Problem with probation

Status
Not open for further replies.

outoftrouble

I am having trouble with my probation officer. I currently want to relocate to NYC; they are not permitting me to transfer. She is not attempting to violate me at the moment but I want to know what type of case I have if go before the judge. I currently want to relocate to NYC so I will not a car to get around and they are permitting me to transfer. I am just finishing my second year in a 5 year probation sentence for a felony DWI. I work in Finance and have a MBA from NYU. I am 33 years old. I live in Westchester County, NY.
Issues Probation has with me
I did not report for the first five months of probation. I tested positive to cocaine when I did. My attorney walked me out after my sentencing and told me probation would contact me. I made (which I can prove) multiple calls to probation and never received a call back.
I relapsed two times, alcohol, recently. I am currently wearing a scram bracelet. I only completed 15 of 210 community service hours assigned to me. There is no assigned timetable to complete the hours.
I was arrested over a $9.00 cab dispute (which I was sober for and proved it with an ETG test). Case was dismissed in court.
Issues I have with Probation/personal issues
I was diagnosed with a general anxiety disorder two months ago. I never had an issue before probation.
I have been in outpatient treatment for 15 of the last 17 months. I am currently doing 3 hour and half group sessions and 1 one hour individual session a week. I stated multiple times my constraints on my time lead me more prone to relapse before my relapses occurred but was and still being ignored.
I was asked by Probation to switch jobs to reduce stress, which I did recently.
Current cost of probation tasks per month are $1,500.
My Father committed suicide one week after I first reported to Probation. I was unable to check on him because I had to work late because I had to attend the MADD meeting the next day. I was not even given a time on when I would end so my mom and sister went to go check on him and found his body. They were not able to contact me until after the meeting because I was not allowed to keep my cell phone turned on during the meeting.
Probation officer visited my Mother's house two months later and threatened to remove her and my sister's car if I drove them.
I have also lost two grandmothers, two cousins since my sentencing. Good friend of mine is currently dying of ALS, unable to attend many of the benefits for him.
Probation is going cost me my new and current job (with the same company) with all of the tasks I am re
Scram bracelet makes a very loud buzzing noise making attending meetings at work very hard to attend meeting s for work.
I do not wish to get my license back. My suspension was over 6 months ago and I have no urge to apply for a new license.
My work performance has suffered do the added stress. My compensation was lowered by 15k last year.
I not slept for over 2 consecutive hours in the last two weeks. I just started an anxiety medication which is not working. It has become hard to make doctor appointments with my current schedule of tasks. I am suffering from sleep deprivation.
Fist social worker I saw told the probation officer I was better off seeing her less. This was ignored by my probation office as was asked to switch treatment provider after 10 months.
Second treatment provider believes that a move to NYC would benefit me greatly.

All you can do is try. However, I can see where a judge would deny your request based on what you posted. (your history)

I suggest you HIRE an attorney to represent your interests.

A court can countermand anything probation says.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back