Roomate problem with Manager & Noise Complaints

Status
Not open for further replies.

socalrenter

Hi, me and 2 other roomates rented an apartment. We have been in the apartment for about 4 or 5 months now. The assistant manager of the property lives right beneath us. She has filed 2 noise complaints against us. Both for "loud bass". Both complaints were between the hours of
10am-10pm when "reasonable" noise is allowed. Both times I was not present at the apartment becuase i work 6 days a week 9-7. The first time was about 2 weeks after we moved in and we deserved the first complaint and we apoligized and i disconnected sub woofer and added a throw rug beneath computer desk. The 2nd noise complaint we did not deserve and had since disconnected the subwoofer. She just gave birth to a newborn and i think has been very stressed and on edge. I have not complained about the noise and music they have created because i am scared to complain since she is a manager. Also her boyfriend is a bartender and sleeps all day so we are on exact opposite time schedules. What should I do? She makes just as much noise if not more than us. For instance a loud soccer game on tv early on sunday and loud music (metal the boyfriend was listening to), and the baby is always screaming and crying. I understand a baby making noise, but i have not complained once or filed a noise complaint and she has filed 2. I feel like we are being treated unfairly and she is using her management position wrongly. Also the computer speakers are cheap little speakers and have never been over a 1/4 volume. What do i do i am scared to file a complaint because she is an assistant manager. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

o i forgot to mention they have never complained about the 1000w surround sound system in living room but complain about 60 watt speakers on my computer in bedroom. and i also spoke with the other roomate that lives with manager and boyfriend and she stated she has never heard "loud bass" or music

Don't reconnect your subwoofer.

Look; this is what happens when you live like ants in an anthill; folks living in duplexes, apartment complexes, etc. frequently complain about noise from other tenants. The problem is, she's the assistant manager and you're not; she's the one that can begin the eviction process based on noise complaints.

Gail

Gail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back