Parole, Probation Probation

Status
Not open for further replies.

I am on felony probation and have been an ideal probationer for over 4 years now, with 4 more years to go on an aggravated battery charge, however, I just got a DUI Friday night. It's the first time I've drank in over 5 years now, but I really screwed up. What would my best move be to stay out of prison?

I am on felony probation and have been an ideal probationer for over 4 years now, with 4 more years to go on an aggravated battery charge, however, I just got a DUI Friday night. It's the first time I've drank in over 5 years now, but I really screwed up. What would my best move be to stay out of prison?

You must report all police encounters and contacts to your PO.
After that, it all depends.
I suggest you ask for a hearing, if your PO moves to revoke you.
Hire a lawyer (for BOTH charges, you're INNOCENT until proven guilty), so you might have some time on the outside to get things together.

Admit to nothing, plead not guilty on the DUI, hire the bets lawyer you can afford (or ask for a public defender), then shut up, discuss all of this with your lawyer (or lawyers).

In the interim, stay out of any more legal trouble.

You might want to get counseling and help with any other issues you have or have had.

Prison might not be on the table, if you get legal help tomorrow or by Tuesday.
In fact, it all depends on what your underlying charge that got you on probation was, don't reveal it, just say no more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back