Parole, Probation Probation

Status
Not open for further replies.

lacknluck

I was arrested for grand theft and forced to plead guilty for something I didnt do. During trial, I over heard the judge telling my attorney that he needed to convince me to take the plea, because I didnt know what was going to happen. (very scarey). Reluctantly I did. I was given 90 days jail, but they said I could do the work program instead of jail time. Thos I wzs grateful for them allowing me to do that, I still just couldnt bring nyself to do it, because I did NOT do this! I missed alot of days because of illness, (had dr. notes, etc), then didnt go because I was going to change my plea back to not guilty. Before I was suppose to go back to the work program, I was going thru a terrible divoicre/custody batter, had three deaths of family/close friend. i Went to court & the public defender convinced me it would be a huge mistake to do it, so I didnt. Twice they talked me out of it. I paid alot of money, (which I didn't have) to hire an attorney to do nothing. I was sent back to the work program and never went. I'ts been a year and a half and I found out it turned into a warrant last month. I knew this was going to happen but was hoping it wouldnt. I just cant bring myself to go because I honestly did NOT do this. My question: I know I have to take care of this, but now Im scared to go back to court. becasue its been so long. Im a single mother of three, with a dead beat dad. I can NOT go to jail. What is going to happen when I go see the judge?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back