Probation Violation

D

Debilee06

Jurisdiction
Washington
I was arrested in 1995 for a possession charge. It was a empty meth baggie. I was sentenced 45 days and 1 year probation. I did my jail time but after 6 months my children's father was filing for sole custody of my 2 daughter's. So I left Washington and went back to Montana where I was from. I have never been back. I have been pulled over a couple of times the warrant came up until 9 years ago. I went to work for Delta Airlines and after working for 3months USPS pulled my security pass because they said the warrant came up. How can I take care of this. It's been 21 years I take care of my elderly mother she has 2 brain aneurysms so leaving isn't really an option. Is there any way of transferring it hear and letting me fulfill any probation time or fines from Montana. I have tried to find answers but keep getting roadblocks. I really do want to meet my obligations but I don't know how. This was my first offense I never even had a misdemeanor before.

Imy children's father was filing for sole custody of my 2 daughter's. So I left Washington and went back to Montana where I was from.

And why did you do that? To prevent your baby daddy from lawfully gaining custody?

You obviously made a mistake that you have to pay for. You should consult a local criminal attorney in Washington who can advise you of what you're looking at - don't expect the system to treat you kindly since you skipped out on your probation.

You need professional legal assistance if you wish to resolve this.

And why did you do that? To prevent your baby daddy from lawfully gaining custody?

You obviously made a mistake that you have to pay for. You should consult a local criminal attorney in Washington who can advise you of what you're looking at - don't expect the system to treat you kindly since you skipped out on your probation.

Im not arguing that. Im just asking how to go about it. And yes the children were with me but he was filing in Montana. I don't expect to be treated kindly. Sir I just want to get the issue resolved.I take full responsibility for my actions. But thank you for your input.

I don't think you should be dealing with this on your own. Professional legal counsel is needed to ensure the best chance for you.

Im just asking how to go about it.

Here's how. Look up criminal defense attorneys in the city where your prosecution occurred. Pick one. Call up and say "I want you to take care of this warrant. How much money should I send you?" If he is willing to take the case he will say $$$$. You then write a check for $$$$ and mail it to him with all the details and documents you can come up with.

PS: I deleted your other post as a duplicate. Please keep all your discussion to this thread. Thanks.

Here's how. Look up criminal defense attorneys in the city where your prosecution occurred. Pick one. Call up and say "I want you to take care of this warrant. How much money should I send you?" If he is willing to take the case he will say $$$$. You then write a check for $$$$ and mail it to him with all the details and documents you can come up with.

PS: I deleted your other post as a duplicate. Please keep all your discussion to this thread. Thanks.
Thank You I am new to this site as you can tell. Would I need to go to Washington? Or would an Attorney be able to stand for me?

Also

Also Sir "my baby daddy" as you referred to him, was my abusive HUSBAND with whom I spent 13 years with till I found the courage to leave and get my children away from to have a chance at a better life. The drug charge is something that should of never happened but did. I allowed myself to be put in a environment that I knew was not good. I take full responsibility like I said before and just asking for advice.

I was arrested in 1995 for a possession charge. It was a empty meth baggie. I was sentenced 45 days and 1 year probation. I did my jail time but after 6 months my children's father was filing for sole custody of my 2 daughter's. So I left Washington and went back to Montana where I was from. I have never been back. I have been pulled over a couple of times the warrant came up until 9 years ago. I went to work for Delta Airlines and after working for 3months USPS pulled my security pass because they said the warrant came up. How can I take care of this. It's been 21 years I take care of my elderly mother she has 2 brain aneurysms so leaving isn't really an option. Is there any way of transferring it hear and letting me fulfill any probation time or fines from Montana. I have tried to find answers but keep getting roadblocks. I really do want to meet my obligations but I don't know how. This was my first offense I never even had a misdemeanor before.

If you were on probation for a felony conviction, several things could happen.

As you've seen, most states won't actively seek you out, unless your felony was murder, rape, terrorism, child molestation, etc...

Your charge ended up being disposed of as a garden variety drug possession beef.

If its a felony you are now anxious to remediate, you'll have to return to WA eventually.

Call at least six criminal defense waters in WA.
Be prepared to reveal name, DOB, charge, case number, ALL the relevant details about your case.

Most lawyers can give you a solid appraisal of what it'll take to fix your mess.

It'll take money.
If its $5,000, for example, payment terms COULD be negotiated.
After 20 years the RIGHT lawyer can get this fixed for money paid to the court without probation.

That, however, means ALL the money paid in full to get that deal.
Or, at least half now, the other half within 30 days.
It might also require some probation, maybe house arrest using an ankle monitor.
That's the kind of lawyer you need, a GREAT lawyer.

A GOOD lawyer can craft you a deal for money, AND probation in MT.
The money can be paid monthly, with a nice DOWN PAYMENT of about a grand.

A BAD lawyer will have you sitting in a jail cell for six months to a year, eventually getting out with credit for time served.

ALL lawyers will, of course, require money, too.
Their money must be paid in full BEFORE any magic can be performed on your behalf.

Okay, that's an idea of how these things generally play out.
In my neck of the woods, rural Texas, a GREAT lawyer would need about ten grand.
A GOOD lawyer could be found for about six-seven grand.
A BAD lawyer would want about three to five grand, maybe even as little as $1,500.
Okay, good luck in getting the train back on the track.
Let us know how this develops. Thanks.

If you were on probation for a felony conviction, several things could happen.

As you've seen, most states won't actively seek you out, unless your felony was murder, rape, terrorism, child molestation, etc...

Your charge ended up being disposed of as a garden variety drug possession beef.

If its a felony you are now anxious to remediate, you'll have to return to WA eventually.

Call at least six criminal defense waters in WA.
Be prepared to reveal name, DOB, charge, case number, ALL the relevant details about your case.

Most lawyers can give you a solid appraisal of what it'll take to fix your mess.

It'll take money.
If its $5,000, for example, payment terms COULD be negotiated.
After 20 years the RIGHT lawyer can get this fixed for money paid to the court without probation.

That, however, means ALL the money paid in full to get that deal.
Or, at least half now, the other half within 30 days.
It might also require some probation, maybe house arrest using an ankle monitor.
That's the kind of lawyer you need, a GREAT lawyer.

A GOOD lawyer can craft you a deal for money, AND probation in MT.
The money can be paid monthly, with a nice DOWN PAYMENT of about a grand.

A BAD lawyer will have you sitting in a jail cell for six months to a year, eventually getting out with credit for time served.

ALL lawyers will, of course, require money, too.
Their money must be paid in full BEFORE any magic can be performed on your behalf.

Okay, that's an idea of how these things generally play out.
In my neck of the woods, rural Texas, a GREAT lawyer would need about ten grand.
A GOOD lawyer could be found for about six-seven grand.
A BAD lawyer would want about three to five grand, maybe even as little as $1,500.
Okay, good luck in getting the train back on the track.
Let us know how this develops. Thanks.
Thank You you've given me some great advice. I will definitely follow it. And hopefully before long I can tell that because of your advice I can say that it is no longer a weight that I carry. ;-)

Back