Parole, Probation probation violation for a loan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JANETOFCALIF

Hello

I have been on US Probation for NON violent and NON drug crime since June 2009.

I was told yesterday by my PO that since I applied for a car loan (expensive car) without telling him that I violated my terms. I was shocked as I never saw that paper (the paper noting that I must let them know b4 I can apply for a loan), and yes I signed for it but never got it and told him that I am sure it was my fault and I did receive it and must have lost it.

But I know in my heart I only received one page and that was the standard cookie cutter terms, but I did not want to upset him. And had I had it I would have abided by it...as my goal from day one is to be perfect and not make any mistakes.

Anyways he mentioned he may report it to the courts, or he may not, he than says it a warning...than says just don't do it again, I kinna got mixed messages, etc... I just don't want to go to jail

I like him and he is nice to me but wondering why no straight answer, I have been trying to be perfect at probation and get these 3 years done...any thoughts?

Thank you

. . . why in the hell would it be a violation of your terms of probation to get a loan? What crime were you convicted of?

Apparently your crime was forgery or loan fraud. You should know what your probation terms are. Your probation officer can only suggest that you be violated. His/her supervisor must actually petition a court to violate the probation and the JUDGE must find that you are in violation. I would get an attorney if anything goes any further.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back