Criminal Law probation violation ,extradition, outside the US

Status
Not open for further replies.

Choquila

What are the laws if one leaves the US to another country and doesn't ever return while on Probation? Or, if one leaves and returns before he is to report back to his Probation Officer? Country in question of going to is The Philippines.

If someone violates their probation (by leaving and not reporting, etc.) then an arrest warrant will almost certainly be awaiting them when they return.

- Carl

My quess is that that individual will probably be detiened at entry and place in removal proceeding. He will probably have to got to jail and after complying with his sentence he will be deported. I belive he will also trigger a bar to enter to the US for a few years. It could be betweed 3 to 10 years bar. Not really sure, it depends on the offense that he committed. I would suggest contacting legal advice from an experience immigration attorney soon.

Information in this post is not the same as legal advice :no: I recommend you consult a lawyer if you want professional assurance that this information, and your interpretation of it, is appropriate to your particular situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back