1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

Probation transfer back to original state

Discussion in 'Probation, Parole, Incarceration' started by Tom D, Jul 18, 2019.

1. Tom D

Tom D Law Topic Starter New Member

Jurisdiction:
    Connecticut
    I'm on probation in CT, it was transferred to NY. I just got a letter saying I'm on the unmonitored program in CT. Can I have my probation returned to CT and be unmonitored?

2. zddoodah

zddoodah Well-Known Member

In the abstract, virtually anything is possible. Regardless of what anyone here tells you, the only way to get an answer to this question is to ask the powers that be.

3. Tom D

Ye thx I will tommorow. Just doing a little opinion searcing I guess. Debating if I should ask the admin management unit out of CT first or NY, I guess CT as they are the ones I'm actually on prob with as NY is just monitoring and doesn't really have any power in this situation

4. PayrollHRGuy

PayrollHRGuy Active Member

CT would be the state you would need to ask.

5. army judge

army judge Super Moderator

Check...

Bully for you, buddy, CT trusts you and you won't have to wear and pay for an ankle monitor.

Hmmm, this confuses me.

You said you are in NY.

Does NY now wish to MONITOR you?

If that is the case and you seek to return to CT, you might end up being monitored there, too.

My GUESS is that NY can extract more money from you if you are MONITORED, which usually means the probationer pays for the ankle monitor and the visits by the agent.

Good luck as you try to reenter society, pal.

6. Tom D

I've been on a few months no ankle monitor. But thanks for the reply ;) I'll find out the deal when I talk with CT tommorow, not a big deal either way, buy obviously I prefer not to have to visit PO every few weeks if it's not necessary