Probation transfer back to original state

Tom D

Jurisdiction
Connecticut
I'm on probation in CT, it was transferred to NY. I just got a letter saying I'm on the unmonitored program in CT. Can I have my probation returned to CT and be unmonitored?

In the abstract, virtually anything is possible. Regardless of what anyone here tells you, the only way to get an answer to this question is to ask the powers that be.

Ye thx I will tommorow. Just doing a little opinion searcing I guess. Debating if I should ask the admin management unit out of CT first or NY, I guess CT as they are the ones I'm actually on prob with as NY is just monitoring and doesn't really have any power in this situation

I'm on probation in CT, it was transferred to NY.

Check...

I just got a letter saying I'm on the unmonitored program in CT

Bully for you, buddy, CT trusts you and you won't have to wear and pay for an ankle monitor.

Can I have my probation returned to CT and be unmonitored?

Hmmm, this confuses me.

You said you are in NY.

Does NY now wish to MONITOR you?

If that is the case and you seek to return to CT, you might end up being monitored there, too.

My GUESS is that NY can extract more money from you if you are MONITORED, which usually means the probationer pays for the ankle monitor and the visits by the agent.

Good luck as you try to reenter society, pal.

I've been on a few months no ankle monitor. But thanks for the reply ;) I'll find out the deal when I talk with CT tommorow, not a big deal either way, buy obviously I prefer not to have to visit PO every few weeks if it's not necessary

Back