Parole, Probation probation does it involve my wife?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scared123

Hello

I am on federal probation for a non violent crime. One of my conditions was to get permission before obtaining any new loans. I never knew about this and got a loan for a car for myself and did not tell them about a month ago, which I take full responsibility for. The officer was nice enough to give me a warning and the docs I never received outlining my terms. Now that I have this in writing from them I can see that it does NOT note spouse or any one in your household...it ONLY says "defendant", which is me, has to get that prior permission.

My question is, what if my wife got a car loan on her own, under her name alone? Would I have to report that as well? She already did it last week and it never occurred to me to have asked probation before she did it...but again the terms ONLY say defendant and she is not the defendant and my name is not on the loan or the car???

Thank you

Your spouse is not the one on probation- she doesn't have to report anything. If you got a joint loan you would have to report that.

mighty moose

hi mighty moose

one question: do you think it matters since california is a community property state...i always figured that applied to civil matters, such as divorce, etc but not to probation??

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back