Probate/caveat

Status
Not open for further replies.

summer16

Hello - I am trying to probate my Mother's will in New Jersey. My Mother died 7-14-08. She had an earlier will that she was leaving the house to her youngest daughter but she changed the will when she had a falling out with this daughter. The new will was changed to - if anything was left to be divided amongst her living children plus she had special items that she designated to specific children and granchildren. 2 of my sisters have filed a caveat and filing the older will with the caveat. My Mother has 5 living children.
I called the one sister to ask her what the problem was and explain why Mother changed the will. She wanted to know why Mother changed the will to the one I am probating and I explained --But thru conversation this sister said she wanted 7 years of Mother's bank statement for she wanted to see how Mother was living .These 2 sisters rarely came to see my Mother and didnot call her or visit. For my Mother had no savings left and was living on Social Security and I had gotten a reverse mortgage for her to keep up with the expenses on the house. It is a large house -hi taxes, hi fuel costs etc.My Mother was 93 when she passed.My Mother came to stay with me about a year ago for she needed care.
This sister is now trying to get the other siblings involved in "going after me".
I have no money for an attorney -very expensive. And thought I could file a complaint to get the Surrogate to proceed with the probate. I need some assistance in the steps to proceed forward.
Thank you for listening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back