Private photo's

Status
Not open for further replies.

musica

For a gift for my partner this year i decided to get some nude photo's taken. I got a friend of mine to take the photo's, she is just about to start off her career on photography and the photo's she took of me was her "first photo shoot". The photo's have been developed and now she wants to keep the negatives and make copies of the photo's for her folio. I have told her that these photo's are private and I do not want anyone to see them. I have paid for all of the film and processing. What are my legal rights to this?

You own the negatives and any copies would require your consent.

I will tell you that providing partners with nude photos (unless you are VERY sure that you will be together for a long, long time) is not a good idea. Frequently couples will do things of this nature and eventually things do not work out. These pictures have a way of finding themselves on the Internet and the result could be very, very embarassing. Unfortunately, if you give the photos as a gift to someone else you have practically provided them with the ability to do whatever they want. Be careful.

Thank you Michael and thank you for your advice. I now feel assured that if she does do anything I have a leg to stand on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back