privacy question - internet hacking

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

not sure were to put this under, my situation is as follows, a person was following me, he approached me at the library and said something me a conversation that morning, which only leads me to believe this person must have been eavesdroppin or tapped our house somehow so that he is hearin all of the conversations. Tis man who i never saw before nor do i know him also mentioned 2 things that i was watchin on the internet the day before which agin leads me to believe he is also following me online. After i told him if he ever approached me i'd be taking it up with the police, he did not directly approach me anymore, though i saw him in the vacinity where i was. A few months later a i noticed on a local forum that somebody was posting topics based on my google searches and also based on what was going around in my life at that time, who ever was posting this used nicknames that were versions of my name, never explicitly my name or he just used nicknames i had used on some foreign forums years ago. So he was combining my nicknames and opening up relevant topics to me and this has been going on continuiosly for 2 years now.

I consider this to be a somesort of a violation of my rights, can you please tell me if this constitutes basis for me to press charges and deal with it as what, obviously this person has the resources to do this being a hacker, and he must not be taht stupid to not conceal his identity so that he would not be found - so how do i deal with this?

If you fear for your safety, property, liberty, or your family; don't waste time asking strangers who can't help you. Dial "911", visit the FBI, your local sheriff, your local police.

They are ready, willing, able, and paid by the taxpayers to help people in distress and answer their questions.

Even if we advised you to file a lawsuit, if this person has BAD INTENTIONS, how would that save you?

Call-911-, or visit the police and discuss this with an on duty detective.

They are always happy to speak with the citizenry.

Now, if what you've posted on those other internet sites is suspect, don't discuss the situation, and IMMEDIATELY see a lawyer.

Don't expect PRIVACY on Twitter, FaceBook, in your emails, or even on this site.

The site operators are legitimate, but there are many characters trolling the internet.

Some of those characters, according to those in the know are the NSA, and a myriad of other government agencies.

That stranger you met could be from the FBI, US Secret Service, or some other fine agency.

Last edited:
Dude is in Europe, so I doubt 911 is going to help. I also doubt it's the FBI. Interpol, mayhaps.

Dude is in Europe, so I doubt 911 is going to help. I also doubt it's the FBI. Interpol, mayhaps.

There are similar agencies all across the globe.
Dude can call 1-800-TELL-YO-MAMMY, or 1-888-IDGAF-NOMO for all I care.

I attempted to provide non-judgmental, non-threatening, information despite my doubts and cynical thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back