Privacy - Private Messages Made Public

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainFiske

Hello.

So recently I was having a private chat (secured with SSL).
The items discussed in the private messages were strictly private, which is why I was using a secured private chat.

The other user decided to invade my privacy by then creating a public PasteBin of the entire conversation without notice, or my consent.

Do I have any legal rights regarding this violation of my privacy? If so, what can I do to get PasteBin to take it down?

Last edited:
You can only secure your end of the connection. Your are in complete control if what information you send out. One you send it you give up control.

If you want to keep a secret, tell yourself.
Otherwise, there's no way to prevent the other party (or parties) from blabbing.
I now commend to your attention, Donald Sterling, billionaire, former NBA Team Owner, who was outed by his alleged paramour.
Bottom line, it ain't private if you tell another person.
In my life, I've had fewer than 10 people I would trust with anything, good or bad.
The internet can be a very deceiving place, act accordingly, proceed with caution.

Back to your question, OP.
Even if I were to reveal a legal remedy, your secret would be known by even more people as the legal process played out.
If you wnat this to die, do what Donald Sterling EVENTUALLY did, (even though he had billions), he had to let it go.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back