Professional Malpractice Privacy invaded by ex wife working for bank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grambo

My ex wife worked at a bank where my wife and I have an account. It was brought to my attention (by her husband) that she had been accessing our account while at work and was subsequently fired for that and also drinking at work. We were never contacted by the bank notifying us of what had been going on. What kind of attorney would specialize in a case like this? Also, what would this violation be called?

Thanks.

What did she do (as far as you know) with your account information - just look at it?

Yes, she just looked at it as far as I know. She was basically spying on our financial activity over several months time.

I don't know if you have much of a case here but you can certainly talk to an attorney. There are actually banking attorneys - you can probably get a referral from your local or state bar assoc.

Okay, I will look into that. Thank you very much for taking the time to reply to me. I really appreciate it.

You're welcome. If she didn't do anything with the info & the bank took action by terminating her, I don't know if you have much of a case but run it by an attorney & see what she/he thinks.

You don't even have any evidence that it happened, only her husbands comment which can't be proven.
If you don't have some kind of damage as a result of the alleged action you may be better to leave well enough alone- the bank has already taken appropriate action.

I agree mightymoose. I told OP I didn't think they had much of a case but the OP could run it by an attorney if it would make him feel better with an attorney's opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back