Domestic Violence & Civil Orders Primary custody from false DV claims

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brit

So my wife served me divorce papers, accused me of DV and called police. The police arrived, I waited outside. They apologised to me for having to write a report as there was no evidence. I was NOT attested or charged. Her interogertories she produced fake pdf files showing extensive redness to her face. The wr ong side for a righthanded slap. There was a link on the page to the original pictures. They were different. I have met a criminal attorney and the DA is likely to charge her with felony perjury.
Is there any case law for false DV and husband getting sole custody?

I suggest you discuss the custody issue with an attorney.
You're trying to link an alleged criminal act to child custody.
Remember, a defendant is INNOCENT until convicted in a court of law.
Who knows, she might be acquitted, IF she's ever charged.
If I were you, I'd hire a lawyer, follow through with the divorce, seek temporary managing conservatorship of the children during the pendency of her criminal issues, and wait.
Don't try to gather your eggs before you've filled the hen house with laying hens.

So my wife served me divorce papers, accused me of DV and called police. The police arrived, I waited outside. They apologised to me for having to write a report as there was no evidence. I was NOT attested or charged. Her interogertories she produced fake pdf files showing extensive redness to her face. The wr ong side for a righthanded slap. There was a link on the page to the original pictures. They were different. I have met a criminal attorney and the DA is likely to charge her with felony perjury.
Is there any case law for false DV and husband getting sole custody?

Perjury is actually very rarely prosecuted and even more rarely when there is a heated divorce situation taking place. Add to that the extreme likelihood of her giving an Oscar-worthy performance as the poor downtrodden wife who honestly didn't realize how serious it was, and...well, you get the idea.

I suspect that if she is charged, there will be some fancy dancing involving the prosecution and the defense, and a lesser charge will be the outcome. Given the circumstances, it's also possible for her to walk with nothing more than probation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back