Previous Mental History

Status
Not open for further replies.

meman

PA law states for obtaining License to carry concealed weapon:
35. HAVE YOU EVER BEEN INVOLUNTARILY COMMITTED TO A HEALTH CARE FACILITY FOR A MENTAL CONDITION, OR ADJUDICATED
INCOMPETENT/INCAPACITATED?
(sorry for the caps, that's how the application is)

First off all of this deals with depression, not homicidal tendencies or anything.

When I was either 16 or 17, I admitted myself to a mental hospital. And 9-12 grade I went to a a program which is described as Mental health partial hospitalization program that provides a therapeutic setting to address the academic and mental health needs of students unable to learn in a typical school setting. A psychiatric recommendation is required for placement.

I am now 22 years old, and have been problem free since.

Now do any of these qualify as committed in any way?

Thank you for any and all help.

Last edited:

First off all of this deals with depression, not homicidal tendencies or anything.

When I was either 16 or 17, I admitted myself to a mental hospital. And 9-12 grade I went to a a program which is described as Mental health partial hospitalization program that provides a therapeutic setting to address the academic and mental health needs of students unable to learn in a typical school setting. A psychiatric recommendation is required for placement.

I dont think it will come up as you were a minor. Maybe conatct your local state police(atleast in VA thats who runs the background) and ask them. Good luck.

Also it states if you have ever been INVOLUNTARILY COMMITTED....you state you committed yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back