Preventing a Judgement

Status
Not open for further replies.

allie111942

HI,
my question is I live in Cleveland, OH (cuyahoga county), and recently graduated from college. In the last year because of working and attending school full time, funds became tight and I overdrew my checking account to the tune of $1950.00. The bank is now attempting to acquire a judgement against me to garnish my wages. I have in the last two months by certified mail sent in $1.00 payments ( 2 total) to the collection agency that had the account prior to the attorney handling the judgement. I am now in a position to make biweekly payments, but have not responded to any of the correspondence from the bank. If I begin to make larger payments biweekly or monthly of approximately $100.00 without actually contacting the attorney, will this prevent the judgement? Or should I contact the attorney directly to stop any further action as the judgement is still in the courts and not yet finalized?

Contact the attorney to negotiate the installment plan. Just because you are sending monthly payments, that does not take away that they never agreed to your terms of taking care of the debt...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back