Prenuptial Agreement

Status
Not open for further replies.

amyjean

My jurisdiction is: ohio

My divorce was to be final a month ago June'09. However a dispute has arisen with a supposed prenup that i signed 2 days before our wedding 12 yrs ago. I contested that I was not legally represented and only signed it in a state of shock and panic for our upcoming wedding. It has now come to light that not only was i not legally represented, that no one on their side can exactly figure out who paid for and how many times i supposedly met with this lawyer. My attorney has subpoened records, to which no one can claim any findings as of yet. Because of this delay, it was ruled that the divorce final be pushed back until October '09. I feel that I am paying undue expenses out of my own pocket fighting something that should have settled on their part by now. If it is ultimately ruled that I was not legally represented, and this "prenup" gets tossed out, is there any way for me to be reimbursed for legal expenses that I paid out of my own pocket? And is there any legal recourse against said attorneys?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back