Pregnant And I Want Full Custody of my Unborn child

Status
Not open for further replies.

estranick

I am a soon to be mother and i am 21 years of age. I want full custody of my child when she arrives.
The babys father was very abusive during the beggining months of pregnancy and i seeked helped. I filed a restraining order against him but it has not been able to been served because he is hiding. The previous police reports against him are because of abuse towards his ex girlfriends. His therapist says that he is bipolar and has a severe anger issue. He does not hold a steady job, and has no stable home.

i am wondering if i would be able to attain full custody of my daughter.

Until the baby is born and unless paternity is established (I'm assuming you two are not married and you are not married to another person) there is no father of this child.

Gail

If by full custody you mean that he would have no rights to visitation or anything, the answer is mostly likely NO. You will probably be the custodial parent and if his actions are bad enough you might only have to give him supervised visitation, but he is the father and he has the right to see his child just like you do.

Try to get along with him. If that isn't possible then use the courts sparingly. The courts are not going to want either of you barred from the child's life.

Well bad choice of a guy to get pregnant by. Until he takes you to court and established paternity he has no rights. So stop talking to him. He never has to be involved if you do not want child support. If you file for any sort of gov't assistance though you will have to file child support, he then may have some rights. How do you intend on supporting this child 100% on your own?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back