Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft Pre Trial Help

me123

Jurisdiction
Washington
Hello I stole $8 worth of stuff from the bx in washinton. They put me on pretrial diversion and want me to drug test. Are they allowed to sentence me that even though the crime is completely unrelated? I also work at a retail store and they now want me to tell my work place about the probation and stop by there even though they said my case was very minor and the probation would be very low. Is this allowed and is there any way I can fight any of this because I don't want to get fired.

Hello I stole $8 worth of stuff from the bx in washinton. They put me on pretrial diversion and want me to drug test. Are they allowed to sentence me that even though the crime is completely unrelated? I also work at a retail store and they now want me to tell my work place about the probation and stop by there even though they said my case was very minor and the probation would be very low. Is this allowed and is there any way I can fight any of this because I don't want to get fired.

I'd be more worried about having my probation revoked and spending a few months in jail, than I would about being employed.

Yes, probation has ALL of those rights and abilities you cited, as well as a few more.

You plead guilty to committing a crime.

Either way, pleading guilty, or being declared guilty bu a jury, your options are limited until you've don't the entire sentence.

I suggest you apologize, make nice, comply, or you'll hate the consequences.

BTW, you committed a federal crime, stealing from a military BX.

Don't fool with the Feds, you'll be violated in a heartbeat for crossing them, and your life will be further harmed.

Is this allowed

It's allowed if you allow it. It's called a plea bargain and it allows you to stay out of jail. You are free to refuse the deal and risk a trial, conviction and jail. Up to you.

Don't be a criminal if you don't like the consequences of being a criminal.

In your case you aren't looking at jail time anyway.
The diversion program and it's requirements are what you agreed to in order to not be convicted and have a criminal record.
If you fail to do as required by the program then the alternative is to have the conviction on your record and pay additional fines.
It's in your best interest to do as they ask.

I am a Retail theft consultant and answer questions like yours daily. You need to follow advice given an dif you work retail youneed to worry if the store that caught you subscribes to a retail theft database because if they do and your store does too they can see this.

They put me on pretrial diversion and want me to drug test.

As in this has already happened. Done deal. Not "they want to drug test me." Right?

Are they allowed to sentence me that even though the crime is completely unrelated?

Even if the answer is no, what are you going to do about it? You skipped right from "I did the crime" to "I got sentenced" and didn't tell us anything that came in between. At least one of the prior responses assumed that you took a plea bargain. Is that correct? If so, then you agreed to this, right?

I also work at a retail store and they now want me to tell my work place about the probation and stop by there even though they said my case was very minor and the probation would be very low. Is this allowed

So now we have a "they want" statement, so let's start with who are "they"? And what do you mean when you say that "they want" this? Your post previously implied that you already have been convicted and sentenced, but now I'm not so sure.

Might be a good idea to consult with a criminal defense attorney.

As in this has already happened. Done deal. Not "they want to drug test me." Right?

Even if the answer is no, what are you going to do about it? You skipped right from "I did the crime" to "I got sentenced" and didn't tell us anything that came in between. At least one of the prior responses assumed that you took a plea bargain. Is that correct? If so, then you agreed to this, right?

So now we have a "they want" statement, so let's start with who are "they"? And what do you mean when you say that "they want" this? Your post previously implied that you already have been convicted and sentenced, but now I'm not so sure.

Might be a good idea to consult with a criminal defense attorney.
They haven't drug tested me yet but they have it as one of the conditions. I don't understand why because the crime is completely unrelated.They is the pretrial person setting up all the conditions,paperwork,etc. And I didn't get sentenced to anything because I'm on pretrail diversion. Sorry for being unclear.

I am a Retail theft consultant and answer questions like yours daily. You need to follow advice given an dif you work retail youneed to worry if the store that caught you subscribes to a retail theft database because if they do and your store does too they can see this.
They haven't officially made this a condition yet but he called and said they will soon. Will the pretrial officers be able to contact my employer.

They haven't officially made this a condition yet but he called and said they will soon. Will the pretrial officers be able to contact my employer.

You ALLEGEDLY stole items on a MILITARY base, from the BX.

You're in the FEDERAL SYSTEM.

The rules are different in federal court.

Maybe not during pretrial, as you are INNOCENT until proven guilty in a court of law or you plead guilty.

However, the officer might visit you at your place of employment to verify your employment situation, if you involve pretrial services in your life.

You don't need to accept pretrial release, as you are free to pay a bail bonding agency to obtain your release during pretrial activities.

But, you'll still be required to report to the officer.

The last case I worked on a military base was at Ft. Sam Houston in Texas.

Yes, pretrial does what you say and more.

You have to report weekly, in some cases.

The pretrial agent (a federal officer) visits your home and workplace, too.

You're in an entirely different world when you mess with old Uncle Sam, mate.

Back