prayer for judgement rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

cperrone

I am from Manhattan and have only been driving for one year, when I moved to North Carolina temporarily. I was recently caught going 88 in a 65 zone on 85 in North Carolina. I've heard there is a prayer for judgement rule in North Carolina that can erase the ticket, but would it work for me since I was going so fast? I plan on selling my car and never driving again when I move back to the city in 8 weeks, so I don't care if it's my one shot at using this thing.

It's ony usable if you licence is from NC. Maybe get a NC licence before you go to court?

Even if you never plan to drive again in 8 wks, don't ignore or take this ticket lightly. I think that speed in NC earns you a misdemeanor conviction on your record. Get a lawyer if you can not plea it down on your own.

what about a NC resident

I am a resident of NC, and I was doing 80 in a 65. How does the PRJ work for me, will I be able to claim this PFJ. How much would a reduction in speed help me out for insurance and dl points?

thanks TR

PFJ doing 98 in a 55, yikes!

I live in Atlanta, GA and was doing 98Mph in a 55Mph zone (I know what you're thinking how stupid of me, right?) I got pulled over by a State Trooper and I thought I was going to jail. But luckily I was 2Mph away from that. Will I be able to use my PFJ in my case, or will they deny it, since I was going THAT fast?

they denied mine and it was 92/65, but I got it in polk county NC, and i heard they are tougher than usual, just ask, all they can say is no :(

Speeding in NC

iguana99 said:
they denied mine and it was 92/65, but I got it in polk county NC, and i heard they are tougher than usual, just ask, all they can say is no :(

What did you do??? I just got a reckless in NC. Trooper clocked me at 95. I don't know what the limit was where I got caught. I live in VA and have to drive 300 miles back to NC for the court date.

FYI. It is better to start your own thread than tack your question onto another.

Reckless is a very serious offense in Virginia and means six points against your license and possible cancellation of your insurance depending on your carrier. In any event your premiums will go thru the roof for three years.

I am pretty sure that NC does not report simple speeding tickets to other states so if you can get it reduced you will be OK. You need to verify this with the NC DMV to be 100% positive.

You will soon get numerous letters from ambulance chasing attorneys. Pick one of them, try the find an attorney link on this site, or send me an email for more references. If you can go talk to the ADA in person you may be able to get it reduced on your own. Good luck and let us know what happens.

Thanks

Thanks lwpat. I used to get a lot of speeding tickets in my Nissan 240, but that was always on the highway in VA. Now I drive a Honda Element and I haven't been on the highway in 5 years. I figured I'd never get another speeding ticket again. Well, a few seconds of speeding in NC changed all of that. I don't know what I was thinking. Yeah, I know. I should stay off the highway. I never wanted to go through NC and I never plan on going back, but the damage is done.

In the meantime, I'll do everything I can to get this fixed. I'll talk to the ADA or DA. I would even pick up trash along the road if it would help. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back