power of attorney over grandparents

Status
Not open for further replies.

bsims82

I am trying to get a power of attorney over my grandparents. My mom is also trying to do the same thing. She wants it because she thinks she will get money out of them even though she has stolen all of the money they have causing me to have to send them money each month to help pay bill and buy groceries. I am married, just got home from Iraq and out of the Army, and am in the process of moving back to TX where they are at to take care of them.She is single, recently diagnosed with MS and can not hold a job for more than a couple of months because she is lazy and barely takes care of herself. Plus, they have told me several times over the last several years that they wanted me to have a POA over them in case they get sick, but with me being in the Army, we never had time to go down to get it put on paper. What can I do so that she does not get the power of attorney over them until I can get there in a couple of weeks to get it myself? I am afraid she is going to lie to whoever she talks to in order to get it before me simply out of spite. I need help ASAP!!! Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back