Business Contracts Potential fraud by contractor

Sol400

Jurisdiction
California
Hi,
I hired a software contractor using an online web company that specializes in freelance contractors. Their site has an option to only present freelance contractors from the United States.

I hired a contractor who indicated that he lived in Detroit Mi. I had him sign a non-disclosure agreement, contract and had a background check conducted, then made all the source code to a new software system we are developing available to him.

We have now found that the contractor is signing on our source control system from India and China.

I called the contracting company and inquired if they verified if the contractor was from the USA and they assured me he was.

I have fairly significant proof that this contractor is actually more than one person and also not living in the United States.

Do I have any recourse against the contracting company?

Do I have any recourse against the contracting company?

If the contractors are in Asia, I suspect their employer or agent is also in Asia.

It might behoove you to discuss this matter with a lawyer licensed to practice law in California, a lawyer you vet before you engage her or him.

Perhaps these agencies might be able to assist you:

Contact Us

General Contact Information

Back