possible wrongful death ? about lawsuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

random9685

My father was involved in a fatal accident where the woman driving did not have a drivers licence my family and I received a letter stating that she was found at fault of course and that she would be paying restitution and was on probation now. So my question is would we be able to file any other charges against her and even a possible lawsuit against the auto insurance, the register owner was in the vehicle as well and did have insurance... I hope this was enough information and all answers/information is much appreciated in advance thank you these are tough times for my family

Please accept my sincere condolences on the loss of your father.

To your legal query, YES, you can file a wrongful death lawsuit.
You should begin the process by discussing your issue with five to ten local attorneys.
If you have used an attorney, or any family member has used an attorney, you can start by talking to that attorney and asking if he or she can possibly represent you or recommend attorneys that might take your case.

Don't worry about costs, as most of these cases are undertaken on a contingency basis. If you prevail, your attorney gets the fee out of your award. Otherwise, the attorney doesn't require up front funding.

I wish you the justice you seek for your beloved father.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back